I’m James Sheasby Thomas (né James Thomas), an agile web and mobile Test Analyst for Inviqa (formerly Byng), an open source technical partner in the UK and Germany that specialises in content, ecommerce and digital transformation projects. Before that I was Web Tester for Numiko, a digital agency in Leeds. My first digital role was Communications Manager for LexAble, who make software for people with dyslexia and literacy issues. I’m a graduate of Cardiff University School of Music and have experience in a broad range of fields including web development, user research, digital marketing, project management and copywriting.
Here’s three facts about me:
- I’m a compulsive collector of information – facts, stats, anecdotes – and I enjoy linking things together to give a bigger picture.
- I write this blog to get my thoughts down on paper and to share insights and personal experience with those who might benefit from it.
- I can be a bit of a perfectionist sometimes, but on balance I think this does me more good than harm.
Follow me on Twitter (@RightSaidJames) for general ramblings on Web, Technology, Society, Politics and an occasional dollop of delicious, delicious sarcasm.
If you’re new to this blog, here’s four of my best posts to get you started:
- Accessibility testing crash course
- Testing: 3 lessons learned
- Pros and Cons of Introversion
- Tips for Graduate Jobseekers
- Founder of Tweet Remembrance (aka @Poppy_Tweet) the world’s first twitter remembrance service.
- Volunteer Marketing Officer and Casting Assistant for Opera’r Ddraig (June 2011 – February 2012)
- also Casting Administrator and Production Assistant
- Development/Fundraising Research Volunteer for Welsh National Opera (August – September 2012)
Also interested in: Food & Drink, Classical Music, Hillwalking, Indie Rock, Methodism, music-making, opera, politics (in small doses) and charitable fundraising.